Thursday, September 18, 2008

How I Fill My 585....

I finally did it! I've been plugging away at my 585 miles since April....and last night I completed the last three! Just in the knick of time, for tomorrow I will embark on the 3day, 60 mile journey that I have been preparing for all of these months. I thought I would share with you my top ten play list and a little insight into how I filled my steps.



10. Johnny Cash and U2's "The Wanderer"

9. Carrie Underwood, Daughtry and the like...all of my American Idol friends, even a little Jordin Sparks and Kelly Clarkson

8. Enya's "Only Time" and "Wild Child"

7. Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car" and "Wait For Me"

6. U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" -- if I wasn't so reserved I probably would have played "air guitar" through this one.

5. Silence, reflection, and prayer!! I enjoyed spending a lot of my walking in silence...that is until one of my shoes developed a "click" that has helped me keep a steady pace during my recent walks.

4. Selah's "Glory" -- LOVE IT!!

3. TobyMac's "One World" and "Made to Love"

2. One of the newest on my play list, Brandon Heath's "Give Me Your Eyes" -- If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend it. It is so much of what this journey means to me!!

1. By far, my favorite way to fill my miles hasn't come through a pair of headphones, but through the voices and encouragement of a partner walking beside me. I am so grateful for family, friends, neighbors, and new acquaintances that have shared these miles with me. They have been an encouragement and made my steps much richer!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

No comments: