Monday, June 2, 2008

The Best-Laid Plans....

When I was deciding whether or not to participate in this event, my only hesitation was in regard to the fundraising part of the event. I am not a very assertive person and I knew that raising $2200 would be a challenge for me. But the physical part of the event, walking 60 miles over the course of 3 days, wasn't an intimidating thought for me. I have to admit, I pretty much felt like I could wake up tomorrow and be capable of doing that...no problem! Well, I am experiencing a little bump in the road. I am having some issues with my back...and it has definitely slowed my pace a bit. Erik and I decided to start doing pilates about a month ago (okay, if you know Erik you may pause now and chuckle at the thought of him "rolling like a ball"). I must have had the wrong technique...because all that I ended up with was a lot of pain in my lower back. It was tolerable until our trip to Chicago. I think all of the riding agitated it and on Thursday I awoke with muscle spasms that pretty much immobilized me! After a couple of adjustments, lots of icing, and a few days of attempting to rest my back, I think I am on the mend. If you are a prayer warrior, please pray that my back will continue to heal! I am determined to complete this event!

"Stones in the road? I save every single one, one day I´ll build a castle."- Fernando Pessoa

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can't remeber how I found your blog. The message boards maybe?

I'm so sorry you don't feel great. Since our (TC) milage is getting up there, I'm starting to be bothered by pain in my knees. I'll keep walking though. Hopefully the pain will go down for you soon so you can keep walking.

Are you going to the Expo?

lissy said...

Thanks for your encouragement! I am back in training! Now if it would just stop raining...........

I will be camping the weekend of the expo. Sounds like fun though!