Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Let It Transform You!

(snippets from a conversation between Mack and Papa, from The Shack by William P. Young)

"Mack, just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors."

"...don't forget that in the midst of all your pain and heartache, you are surrounded by beauty, the wonder of Creation, art, your music and culture, the sounds of laughter and love, of whispered hopes and celebrations, of new life and transformation, of reconciliation and forgiveness. These also are the results of your choices and every choice matters, even the hidden ones."



I am nearing the end of reading this thought provoking book. The timing couldn't be more perfect! I am feeling so compelled to live a more empathetic life and this book grapples with the issues of pain and suffering. The author has given me a new perspective of a loving God, who is so fond of His creation and craves relationship with us! Chapter after chapter, this book is both breaking my heart and mending it! I hope you will read it...and would love your feedback if you do!

No comments: